VChang (WMF) 2023 nièng 4 nguŏk 17 hô̤ (B1) 12:54 (UTC)
MediaWiki message delivery 2023 nièng 4 nguŏk 21 hô̤ (B5) 00:41 (UTC)
維基媒體基金會正處於轉型期。基金會去年迎來了新的領導層，包括新的執行長以及產品與技術長。 此外，基金會也就一系列重要議題與全球社群進行了對話，從定義未來角色和責任的運動憲章到透過籌款橫幅籌集共享的資源。 今年的年度計劃試圖更清楚地說明沒有快速解決方案的多年度策略議題，並提供有關基金會運作方式的更詳細信息。
VChang (WMF) 2023 nièng 4 nguŏk 25 hô̤ (B2) 13:51 (UTC)
Seeking volunteers for the next step in the Universal Code of Conduct process[Gāi nguòng-mā]
As follow-up to the message about the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines by Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees Vice Chair, Shani Evenstein Sigalov, I am reaching out about the next steps. I want to bring your attention to the next stage of the Universal Code of Conduct process, which is forming a building committee for the Universal Code of Conduct Coordinating Committee (U4C). I invite community members with experience and deep interest in community health and governance to nominate themselves to be part of the U4C building committee, which needs people who are:
- Community members in good standing
- Knowledgeable about movement community processes, such as, but not limited to, policy drafting, participatory decision making, and application of existing rules and policies on Wikimedia projects
- Aware and appreciative of the diversity of the movement, such as, but not limited to, languages spoken, identity, geography, and project type
- Committed to participate for the entire U4C Building Committee period from mid-May - December 2023
- Comfortable with engaging in difficult, but productive conversations
- Confidently able to communicate in English
The Building Committee shall consist of volunteer community members, affiliate board or staff, and Wikimedia Foundation staff.
The Universal Code of Conduct has been a process strengthened by the skills and knowledge of the community and I look forward to what the U4C Building Committee creates. If you are interested in joining the Building Committee, please either sign up on the Meta-Wiki page, or contact ucocprojectwikimedia.org by May 12, 2023. Read more on Meta-Wiki.
Xeno (WMF) 2023 nièng 4 nguŏk 26 hô̤ (B3) 19:00 (UTC)
Global ban proposal for Leonardo José Raimundo[Gāi nguòng-mā]
Apologies for writing in English. 請協助翻譯成您使用的語言 There is an on-going discussion about a proposal that Leonardo José Raimundo be globally banned from editing all Wikimedia projects. You are invited to participate at Requests for comment/Global ban for Leonardo José Raimundo on Meta-Wiki. 感謝您！ Elton (Tō̤-lâung) 2023 nièng 5 nguŏk 26 hô̤ (B5) 01:00 (UTC)
- As a result of m:Requests for comment/Global ban for Leonardo José Raimundo, Leonardo José Raimundo has been banned from all Wikimedia projects. --AntiCompositeNumber (tō̤-lâung) 2023 nièng 6 nguŏk 8 hô̤ (B4) 02:15 (UTC)
-- UCoC Project Team, 2023 nièng 5 nguŏk 27 hô̤ (B6) 04:20 (UTC)
RamzyM (WMF) 2023 nièng 6 nguŏk 28 hô̤ (B3) 17:59 (UTC)
The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks[Gāi nguòng-mā]
Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.
If you prefer keeping the current skin, select "Vector legacy (2010)" in global preferences and save the change.
We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 300 wikis, including most Wikipedias and some sister projects. This accounts for more than 4 billions pageviews per month.
It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.
About the skin[Gāi nguòng-mā]
[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.
[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.
[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.
- The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
- The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
- The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
- The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.
[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.
How can editors change and customize this skin?[Gāi nguòng-mā]
It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.
Our plan[Gāi nguòng-mā]
If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying on August 9, 2023. If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (tō̤-lâung) 2023 nièng 7 nguŏk 26 hô̤ (B3) 23:47 (UTC)
Deploying the Phonos in-line audio player to your Wiki[Gāi nguòng-mā]
Apologies if this message is not in your language, ⧼Please help translate⧽ to your language.
With the inline audio player, you can add text-to-speech audio snippets to wiki pages by simply using a tag:
<phonos file="audio file" label="Listen"/>
The above tag will show the text next to a speaker icon, and clicking on it will play the audio instantly without taking you to another page. A common example where you can use this feature is in adding pronunciation to words as illustrated on the English Wiktionary below.
<phonos file="En-uk-English.oga" label="Audio (UK)"/>
UOzurumba (WMF), on behalf of the Foundation's Language team
2023 nièng 7 nguŏk 27 hô̤ (B4) 02:26 (UTC)
《通用行為準則》執行規範要求以《通用行為準則》協調委員會 (U4C) 建構委員會形式起草一份章程，概述被稱為《通用行為準則》協調委員會（U4C）的全球委員會的程序和細節。在過去的幾個月裡，《通用行為準則》協調委員會 (U4C) 建構委員會作為一個小組共同討論和起草了《通用行為準則》協調委員會 (U4C) 的章程。《通用行為準則》協調委員會 (U4C) 建構委員會歡迎大家從現在到 2023 年 9 月 22 日期間就章程草案提供反饋。在此日期之後，《通用行為準則》協調委員會 (U4C) 建構委員會將根據需要修改章程，社群投票將於其後開始。
RamzyM (WMF), on behalf of the U4C Building Committee, 2023 nièng 8 nguŏk 28 hô̤ (B1) 15:35 (UTC)