- 1 RfC regarding "Interlinking of accounts involved with paid editing to decrease impersonation"
- 2 Discussion on synced reading lists
- 3 New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers
- 4 Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships
- 5 User group for Military Historians
- 6 Editing News #1—2018
- 7 AdvancedSearch
- 8 New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)
- 9 Global preferences are available
- 10 Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS
- 11 New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS
- 12 Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now
- 13 Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October
- 14 Reminder: No editing for up to an hour on 10 October
- 15 The Community Wishlist Survey
- 16 Editing News #2—2018
- 17 Change coming to how certain templates will appear on the mobile web
There is currently a RfC open on Meta regarding "requiring those involved with paid editing on Wikipedia to link on their user page to all other active accounts through which they advertise paid Wikipedia editing business."
Note this is to apply to Wikipedia and not necessarily other sister projects, this is only to apply to websites where people are specifically advertising that they will edit Wikipedia for pay and not any other personal, professional, or social media accounts a person may have.
Discussion on synced reading lists[Gāi nguòng-mā]
New print to pdf feature for mobile web readers[Gāi nguòng-mā]
Call for Wikimania 2018 Scholarships[Gāi nguòng-mā]
We wanted to inform you that scholarship applications for Wikimania 2018 which is being held in Cape Town, South Africa on July 18–22, 2018 are now being accepted. Applications are open until Monday, 22 January 2018 23:59 UTC.
Applicants will be able to apply for a partial or full scholarship. A full scholarship will cover the cost of an individual's round-trip travel, shared accommodation, and conference registration fees as arranged by the Wikimedia Foundation. A partial scholarship will cover conference registration fees and shared accommodation. Applicants will be rated using a pre-determined selection process and selection criteria established by the Scholarship Committee and the Wikimedia Foundation, who will determine which applications are successful. To learn more about Wikimania 2018 scholarships, please visit: wm2018:Scholarships.
To apply for a scholarship, fill out the multi-language application form on: https://scholarships.wikimedia.org/apply
It is highly recommended that applicants review all the material on the Scholarships page and the associated FAQ before submitting an application. If you have any questions, please contact: wikimania-scholarships at wikimedia.org or leave a message at: wm2018:Talk:Scholarships. Please help us spread the word and translate pages!
User group for Military Historians[Gāi nguòng-mā]
"Military history" is one of the most important subjects when speak of sum of all human knowledge. To support contributors interested in the area over various language Wikipedias, we intend to form a user group. It also provides a platform to share the best practices between military historians, and various military related projects on Wikipedias. An initial discussion was has been done between the coordinators and members of WikiProject Military History on English Wikipedia. Now this discussion has been taken to Meta-Wiki. Contributors intrested in the area of military history are requested to share their feedback and give suggestions at Talk:Discussion to incubate a user group for Wikipedia Military Historians.
Editing News #1—2018[Gāi nguòng-mā]
2018 nièng 3 nguŏk 2 hô̤ (B5) 20:56 (UTC)
Birgit Müller (WMDE) 2018 nièng 5 nguŏk 7 hô̤ (Buái ék) 14:45 (UTC)
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (May 2018)[Gāi nguòng-mā]
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access, accounts to research and tools as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for new accounts and research materials on the Library Card platform:
- Rock's Backpages – Music articles and interviews from the 1950s onwards - 50 accounts
- Invaluable – Database of more than 50 million auctions and over 500,000 artists - 15 accounts
- Termsoup – Translation tool
- Fold3 – Available content has more than doubled, now including new military collections from the UK, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Oxford University Press – The Scholarship collection now includes Electronic Enlightenment
- Alexander Street Press – Women and Social Movements Library now available
- Cambridge University Press – Orlando Collection now available
Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 2018 nièng 5 nguŏk 30 hô̤ (B3) 18:03 (UTC)
Global preferences are available[Gāi nguòng-mā]
2018 nièng 7 nguŏk 10 hô̤ (B2) 19:19 (UTC)
Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[Gāi nguòng-mā]
New user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS[Gāi nguòng-mā]
Editing of sitewide CSS/JS is only possible for interface administrators from now[Gāi nguòng-mā]
as announced previously, permission handling for CSS/JS pages has changed: only members of the
interface-admin (介面管理員) group, and a few highly privileged global groups such as stewards, can edit CSS/JS pages that they do not own (that is, any page ending with .css or .js that is either in the MediaWiki: namespace or is another user's user subpage). This is done to improve the security of readers and editors of Wikimedia projects. More information is available at Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS. If you encounter any unexpected problems, please contact me or file a bug.
Read-only mode for up to an hour on 12 September and 10 October[Gāi nguòng-mā]
2018 nièng 9 nguŏk 6 hô̤ (B4) 13:33 (UTC)
Reminder: No editing for up to an hour on 10 October[Gāi nguòng-mā]
2018 nièng 10 nguŏk 4 hô̤ (B4) 12:03 (UTC)
The Community Wishlist Survey[Gāi nguòng-mā]
2018 nièng 10 nguŏk 30 hô̤ (B2) 11:05 (UTC)
Editing News #2—2018[Gāi nguòng-mā]
2018 nièng 11 nguŏk 2 hô̤ (B5) 14:16 (UTC)